Click here to read about your 2015-2016 TGSA candidates, vacant TGSA opportunities, and for more information on the referendum questions
April 10th, 8 pm – midnight
What: TGSA Spring Fling
Where: Shots Lounge, 379 George Street North
End of the year party at Shots for Trent Graduate Students and guests!
Free drink ticket for TGSA members; Hors-d’oeuvres; DJ & Dancing
Admission: Canned Good for OPIRG Food Cupboard or Toonie for Kawartha Foodshare
DJ: TGSA’s own Paul Ciuk!
April 17th, 5:30 pm
What: Symons Seminar Series Gala
Where: McDonnel Street Activity Centre, 577 McDonnel Street, Peterborough, ON
Dear Graduate Students,
The Symons Seminar Series Executive Committee would like to invite you to the 2015 Symons Seminar Series Gala to celebrate Graduate Student Research at Trent University!
We will be holding a SILENT AUCTION at the Gala, and would love your artful donations for the auction table.
You may contact any of the Executive Committee members regarding donations or ticket purchases via email. Tickets will go on sale as of Monday, March 30th.
- Katarina Cetinic (Communications Coordinator, Symons Campus), firstname.lastname@example.org
– Samantha Stephens (Financial Coordinator, Symons Campus), email@example.com
– Owen Kane (Operations Coordinator, Traill Campus), firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
– at our Symons Seminar Series address, email@example.com
5:30 pm Cocktail Reception & Silent Auction
6:00 pm Presentation by the Series’ Top Student Speaker and presentation of Student Speaker Awards, followed by Student Poster Session and catering by ‘BE Catering’
Students who submitted abstracts to the Symons Seminar Series during the 2014-2015 academic year have been invited to give a visual or poster presentation during the Gala, and the presentations will be judged by a small number of faculty members who will choose the top arts and the top science presentation.
Keynote address (to follow poster session and food service):
NEIL EVER OSBORNE, Conservation Photographer
Catering by ‘BE Catering’
A selection of light hors d’oeuvres:
* Grilled vegetable and local goat cheese spirals in puff pastry
* Vietnamese salad rolls with sweet chili sauce
* Mini local sausage rolls
Buffet style dinner:
* Chicken satays with mango yogurt
* Moroccan spiced pork loin, roasted and sliced served on crusty baguette with homemade applesauce
* Rosemary roasted local potatoes (wedges) with olive oil and sea salt, sweet pepper aioli
* Winter greens salad with dried cranberries, citrus vinaigrette
* Chickpea curry (vegan and gluten free)
* Tuscan olive bread with butter
Assorted homemade desserts:
* Butter tarts, brownies, lemon tarts and squares.
A more detailed description of menu items is available from us upon request.
In addition to the drink tickets included with Gala prices, a full cash bar will be available at the venue.
* $25 Graduate Students (includes 2 drink tickets)
* $35 Non-Graduate Students (includes 1 drink ticket)
April 24th, 6:30 pm
What: TGSA Networking event & Traill College Dinner
Where: Bagnani Hall, Traill College