Next TGSA Board Meeting:
To be determined
NEWS AND UPDATES
To all Graduate Students,
Nominations for positions on the Trent Graduate Students’ Association (TGSA) executive and board are now OPEN for the upcoming 2017/2018 Academic year. See below for all available positions.
Running for an executive or board position is an excellent opportunity to get involved in the administration of a student body and have an insight into the inner workings of the university in general. Filling one of these positions also offers students valuable networking experience, and looks great on a CV. The Trent Graduate Students’ Association (TGSA) acts on behalf of all graduate students enrolled at Trent University by representing graduate student interests, advocating for specific graduate student needs, and promoting equity and social justice.
You may either nominate yourself or a colleague whom you think is capable of performing the specified role by sending their NAME, a 150-word biographic statement, and their program name to Alison Fraser, VP Internal Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that program representative positions are selected and voted on in elections organized by each respective program. Contact your program/department directly if you are interested in becoming a program representative on the TGSA Board of Directors, or contact Alison Fraser for more information.**
The nomination period will be open until after 11:59PM on April 6th, 2017.
Candidates are asked to attend the TGSA Spring General Meeting on April 13th, 2017 in Bagnani Hall at 6pm to offer a brief statement about who they are and why they are running (or to forward a statement to Alison Fraser to read on their behalf).
The following positions will be open:
- Vice President (Internal Affairs)
- Vice President (Communications)
- Vice President (Finance)
- Vice President (Student Affairs)
- Vice President (Senate)
- Equity Commissioner
- Environmental Commissioner
- International Student Representative Commissioner
- Health Benefits Coordinator
- Ontario Graduate Students’ Alliance (OGSA) Commissioner
- Representatives for the following graduate programs:
- Anthropology (M.A.)
- Applied Modeling and Quantitative Methods (M.A.)
- Applied Modeling and Quantitative Methods (M.Sc.)
- Canadian and Indigenous Studies (M.A)
- Canadian Studies (Ph.D.)
- Cultural Studies (Ph.D.)
- Educational Studies (M.Ed.)
- English (Public Texts) (M.A.)
- Environmental & Life Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Environmental & Life Sciences (Ph.D.)
- History (M.A.)
- Indigenous Studies (Ph.D.)
- Material Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Material Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Psychology (M.Sc.)
- Sustainability Studies (M.A.)
- Theory, Culture and Politics (M.A.)